Saturday, July 21, 2007

Update on Me

I had my surgery on July 5th and everything went well. I went in at 6:30, spent 2 hours in surgery and was out by noon. She only took out a 2 inch diameter circle around the site (I thought it would be a lot more after my consultation appointment!) and down 4cms. The doctor said there is no reason to to believe the melanoma spread! The only concern from the CT scan was a "non-specific abnormality" found in my lungs. They think it was bronchitis but I will go back and get another CT scan in 3 months just to be sure. On Wednesday I had a body check and had a few more moles removed. Everyone PLEASE go to the dermatologist and get one for yourself! My back has been very sore but healing nicely- in fact, I just got my stitches out yesterday. My life is getting back to normal after being down for a couple weeks. The doctor did say no jogging for at least another 3 weeks...darn. Thank you all for your calls, cards, visits, flowers, etc., etc. and especially your prayers and fasting! And, thank you especially to my mom & dad who put their Europe trip on hold to come take care of me after my surgery!


BEFORE:
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj8heSl_mMtoJAKM2whETf4y0IgknNcS4d3sdIIonMy3skMI4T5VKYYrrEHosHuyxeConQIycB8v5OPWRi609K0IQJynM6ca5exZ2wcExYTU4aLB8w3pv57gi52PybzM0d64KKfSp5YQ3Fx/s1600-h/Amys+Surgery+July+2007+008.jpg">


AFTER...gross!:



What I have been doing the past 2 weeks:

I think I have officially seen EVERY MOVIE at Hollywood Video.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Love the after pics! That had to be the morphine face. I love the music you added to your blog too! Such a nice touch.

The Evers said...

Alright BFF. I am very glad you are better and you know I love you dearly! Aside from that, if all you have been doing the past two weeks is that, then you should be able to answer your phone. However, I love you and miss you and am soooooo glad you are doing better and everything is looking up!