We were able to go to the Hunter's house in Ojai which is just about a half hour away from Oxnard. It's a beautiful 1920's Spanish- style mansion where my cousins grew up. My uncle John passed away a couple years ago and now my aunt is remarried and living down the street in a little tiny house that she absolutly loves. The house is now vacant except for some missionaries that are living in the downstairs basement. I remember going to the Hunter's house as a little girl and getting lost. There are so many rooms, it was hard to find my way around. Going back as adult I was able to appreciate the beautiful and unique details of the house (and still got a little lost :)). I couldn't help but to snap some shots.
First we swam in the pool:
Here is Dan, and Mike & Emma
Samuel, and Thomas & Bella
Thomas and Bella holding on all by herself, and then jumping to daddy
Dad and Aunt Louine: brother and sister, Talking to Aunt Louine
Then we toured the house:
Fountain in front entry courtyard
Front Door
The spanish tiles found on the front door and the fountain are replicated throughout the inside of the house
Columns leading up to front door
Window near front entry/ off from kitchen so pretty and unique with wrought iron trim
Uncle John was President Hunter's (a Prophet of our church) son.

Staircase- the wrought-iron scoll detail is also featured throughout the house
Railing at the top of the staircase
Staircase- the wrought-iron scoll detail is also featured throughout the house
Railing at the top of the staircase
A bedroom fireplace
Dad and Bella from one of the bigger balconies
A smaller balcony- you can see all the wroght-iron scoll-detail not only throughout the house but repeated as a trim for the outside.
Driveway through the orchards to the main house.
Charming park-like light post
View of the orchards
Pretty wrought-iron lantern
Beautiful View
Best oranges EVER from the orange orchard. We all picked as many as we had room for. So. good.
I was so glad Thomas was able to see the house! He has heard so much about it and was finally able to see it for himself. From what I hear it will be going up for sale soon so we were just in time. I only wish I had more room in my camera to take pictures of more of the house and all of it's beautiful rooms!



0 comments:
Post a Comment