Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Wonderful House-husband =)


Along with my final phase of student teaching comes long hours with no pay. Thomas has been a great sport taking over my responsibilities with our business and at home. He has been doing the laundry, cleaning dishes, cooking, etc. Most of you know what a great chef he is. Last Friday night we had a Mexican-inspired ward party with a potluck and salsa contest-the food, not the dance. Thomas brought some yummy Chile Verde (an old family recipe...ha.ha. ;) for the potluck. It was gone within 10 minutes. He also brought a REALLY yummy mango-salsa and won 2nd place in the salsa contest! I was very proud (although he really should have won 1st place). Way to go babe!

(His Chile Verde)

7 comments:

Pepper said...

That looks so yummy! Way to go Thomas!

jennifer said...

I bet it tasted great! I love that you did the chile verde in the crock pot and not on the stove. Congrats on your salsa contest. You'll have to make it for us someday too!

Amy said...

Hi actually did one batch on the stove and one in the crock pot. We've had chile verde coming out our ears this week!

Jeremy said...

And where did that recipe from... (fill in the blank)

The Evers said...

First of all I have to say I did not see your new blog makeover before I did mine yesterday! Wow we truly are connected my friend! That is seriously too funny!
Okay, now on to our beloved Thomas. What a wonderful husband, that is not easy stuff for hubby's to do! I hope your life calms down soon!

Caralee (CJ) Waddell said...

where can i get the recipe?

Pepper said...

Amy we need to hang out! Let's get together and scrapbook!