Saturday, August 30, 2008

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!


I'm not the best poster in the world but better late than never right? This post is long overdue but I don't think our news is a surprise for anyone reading this. We are really excited to announce that we are having a baby! I am about 18 weeks along and due February 11, 2009. We found out super early (like at 4 weeks) and kept it a secret (tried to at least) for a few more weeks. It seems like I've been pregnant forever. About a week ago Thomas was deep in thought and then said, "Man, I can't believe we still have another 5 MONTHS to go! It seems like it should be time already!" That's exactly how I feel and we aren't even half way there yet. I have been through all the morning sickness (NOT fun) and am now into my 2nd trimester. My belly is slowly getting bigger. We've been taking measurements and belly pictures to capture the growth. Our last ultrasound photo, which was taken at 12 weeks, was the first one we had with it actually looking like a baby. Our next one is in ONE WEEK on September 12th and is hopefully when we will find out what we are having, as long as the baby is cooperating. Cross your fingers! What is your guess? Baby Thomas or Thomasita? Take a vote!!!

Ultrasound at 6 weeks

Ultrasound at 12 weeks

8 comments:

Pepper said...

Yay for Baby Duran! I'm so excited for you both! I love you both and I am very very very excited to babysit! Call me so we can have lunch. Congratulations!

Maigen said...

I am SO excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I think you should have the baby one day early, that's my birthday. Good Luck! The second trimester's the best.

Kelly Hernandez

jennifer said...

i love those 2nd ultrasound pics. there is a real baby in there! the profile shot is my favorite. i always liked the last trimester the best. my belly was huge that no one could be thinking i was overweight - pregnant for sure. and those maternity shirts looked so good on a big belly. you'll get there soon enough. do we get to vote on the name choices too???

Tara and Dan said...

Hi Amy!! Congratulations on the baby! I noticed we have very similar lives- We both just celebrated our 5th anniversary and we were pregnant at the same time. Hmmm... we must be Berry's or something... :) And since we're both so similar, I'm going to guess you're having a boy!

Yay for being in the second trimester! It's smooth sailing for ya now :)

Caralee (CJ) Waddell said...

Okay, i was kind of grossed out by the pee-stick picture, but i got over it as soon as I saw your little baby! Actually looks like a baby now, isn't that unreal?! So excited for you. Enjoy it!

The Evers said...

UMMMMMM A girl! That is my guess! What a little cutie! So do you think we ought to catch up sometime??? I am so missing you these days!

The Evers said...

hey your due date is when Elle was born. COOL. My due date with Elle was the 12th and she came the 11th. A very good day to have a baby! I love that our kids will only be about two weeks apart! So glad we planned that so well!